Pioneer Unveils DDJ-SR Controller Aimed at Serato DJ Users
Pioneer DJ has announced the DDJ-SR, a two-channel DJ controller aimed at Serato DJ users. The DDJ-SR has inherited many of the features of the DDJ-SX released in 2012, including large aluminum jog wheels and integrated performance pads. Additionally, the DDJ-SR adds a brand new Pad Plus, adding four FX options to the performance pads, including Hot Cue Roll, Trans, Combo FX, and Sampler Roll. The two-channel mixer and large jog wheels are intended for scratch performances, with a copy of Serato DJ included out of the box.
The Pioneer DDJ-SR will be released in October with a suggested price of $699. For more information, go to PioneerDJUSA.com. Full product details are below.
Pioneer DDJ-SR Product Details
The DDJ-SR takes advantage of Serato DJ’s full capability, ensuring its layout of knobs and buttons are exceptionally easy-to-use with the software.
- Performance Pads – Large rubber “performance pads” located below the big jog wheel provide HOT CUE, ROLL, SLICER and SAMPLER functions. Each soft-touch rubber pad illuminates in blue to enable users to tap the pad(s) quickly for each effect, with the output volume varying depending on the strength of each tap.
- PAD PLUS – By activating the new PAD PLUS button, the functions of the performance pads are transformed, converting the four function buttons into HOT CUE ROLL, TRANS, COMBO FX and SAMPLER ROLL. Holding down the pads triggers the hot cues or samplers that match the beats per minute (BPM) of the music while effects and filters are simultaneously applied. The DDJ-SR also features a new Beat Indicator to display beats while simultaneously using the PAD PLUS functions.
- Big Jog Wheels – The DDJ-SR features two large jog wheels for precise scratching and mixing capabilities. The resistance for each jog wheel was fined tuned to provide users with the best “feel” and the shortest latency.
- 2-Channel Mixer – The built-in 2-channel mixer on the DDJ-SR is ideal for scratch performances. The mixer can also be used with four decks using the “deck select” buttons located on each side of the controller. In addition, the unit features a “Cross Fader Reverse” switch to enable the left and right decks to be controlled from opposite sides.
- High-end Design – The DDJ-SR sports a steel top panel and an aluminum jog plate for a more elegant and stylish look and feel.
- Serato DJ Software – A free-of-charge download of Serato DJ software is included with the purchase of a DDJ-SR for an easy out-of-the-box experience.
- USB Power – The controller can be powered through the USB connection to a laptop1.
- Built-in Sound Card (audio interface) – Simple connection to a laptop with a single USB cable.
- Adjustable Cross-fader Curve – Suits any mixing style.
- Channel Fader Start – Enables the use of the channel fader to control and play/cue tracks.
- Integrated Handles – The controller features grip handles on each side for added convenience.