Pioneer DJ Premieres Audio/Video DDJ-RZX Controller
Pioneer DJ has unveiled the DDJ-RZX controller, its new flagship offering that takes advantage of the rekordbox video Plus Pack.
The new controller builds on the brand’s history of creating video DJ equipment like the DVJ-100 and SVM-1000, giving DJs a four-channel professional unit for both mobile DJs and anyone who wants to add visual content into their performances.
The unit features three touch screens for viewing track info and applied pad effects, with video previewing and monitoring on sharp 7-inch screens that give access to all key features in rekordbox dj and the Video Plus Pack. Peep the key features of the DDJ-RZX from the official announcement below.
- Layout mirrors a CDJ set-up
Mix audio and videos instinctively with features inherited from the CDJ and DJM series including large jog wheels and multi-colored tactile Performance Pads. The 4-channel controller has an independent sampler section for intuitive control of Beat Sync, Quantize and Trim on the sampler.
- High-quality sound
Hear the true sound of your tracks thanks to AC inlets for reduced cable contact resistance and a high performance 96 kHz/32-bit D/A converter made by Asahi Kasai. Plus, low jitter clock IC and the 96 kHz/24-bit USB sound card ensure powerful, high-quality sound.
- Three touch screens for complete control
Take your performances to the next level by using the three 7-inch touch screens to preview/monitor video and image files, and to trigger Beat FX and Release FX. Plus, Touch FX lets you add FX and adjust parameters by tracing on the x and y axes on the display. Use deck display mode to check track information such as titles, BPM and key. Additionally, use mixer display mode to see enlarged waveforms for each track, as well as loop and Hot Cue information. Create instant doubles by simply touching the display.
- Professional Mic section
Hear voices loud and clear thanks to two XLR combo input jacks for Mics. Control the output with the 3-band Mic EQ and use the four Mic FX – Echo, Reverb, Pitch and V Tune – to add texture and to tune each voice.
- Extensive FX unit
Add the following FX to your tracks from rekordbox dj or external players and sound sources:
- Combo FX – control Sound Color FX and Beat FX at the same time using the touch screens
- Sampler Repeat – change the length of a loop just by touching the display and apply Sound Color FX when using the rekordbox dj sampler
- Sound Color FX with sub parameter control – use the studio-quality Sound Color FX from the DJM-900NXS2 mixer including Sweep, Filter, Crush, Dub Echo, Noise and Space, and fine-tune them using sub parameter control
- Release FX – exit complex FX patterns by selecting Vinyl Brake, Echo or Back Spin and twisting the dial
- Other features
- Active Censor – intuitively control the new Active Censor feature in rekordbox dj. Set in and out points and apply Reverse Roll, Trans, Echo or Vinyl Brake FX to disguise explicit words in tracks. The FX will then be heard whenever the track is played from rekordbox dj.
- Three bundled license keys – comes with license keys for rekordbox dj, rekordbox dvs and rekordbox video
- Newly developed crossfader – highly durable and capable of over 10 million movements
- OSC sampler – four oscillator sounds
- Dual USB port – for smooth transitions between DJs
- Brushed aluminum faceplate – high quality and professional design
- P-Lock fader cap – locks fader knobs to prevent dropping
The DDJ-RZX will be available this month and will come bundled with license keys for rekordbox dj, rekordbox dvs, and rekordbox video Plus Packs. For more information, go here.