Pioneer DJ Announces Updated DDJ-SZ2 Serato DJ Controller
Pioneer DJ’s flagship Serato DJ controller has received a makeover in the form of the DDJ-SZ2.
The new DDJ-SZ2 is a four-channel controller that features key shift, key sync, pitch play, and Serato Flip, and mirrors a CDJ-style layout. The full list of key features courtesy of a Pioneer DJ press release is below.
KEY FEATURES OF THE DDJ-SZ2
- Layout mirrors CDJ-style set-up
Mix and scratch instinctively on the controller, which looks and feels similar to a full professional CDJ + DJM set-up.
- Big Jogs: Scratching feels natural on the big jog wheels taken from the CDJ-2000NXS2, and the illuminating On-Jog Display gives you information about the current playback status and position for more precise performances. Jog Feeling Adjust, also from the CDJ series, lets you customize the resistance and backspin time.
- Multi-colored Performance Pads: Use the large, multi-colored tactile Performance Pads to trigger Hot Cues, samples and FX. Hit the pads harder to increase the volume of samples and watch their colors change as they indicate the selected pad mode and playing status.
- DJM-style mixer section: Stay in control at all times thanks to the simple layout of the mixer section which mirrors the design of the DJM series.
- Dual USB port for smooth DJ changeovers
Dual USB ports lets you hookup two computers at the same time and use the top-loaded A/B switch for seamless DJ transitions.
- Native support and dedicated controls for new Serato DJ features
- Key shift, key sync and pitch play: Use dedicated controls to trigger the new key shift and key sync functions in Serato DJ, which let you adjust the key of tracks and sync the keys of tracks during mixes. Pitch play lets you play your Hot Cues across a range of different keys and assign them to the controller’s Performance Pads.
- Serato Flip: Create and save Hot Cue sequences to make custom edits of your tracks and use the dedicated Serato Flip controls to play them back at the touch of a button. Get even more creative by skipping or repeating track sections on the fly.
- Professional performance features and FX
- Sound Color FX: Spice up your sets with the four popular Sound Color FX from our DJM series; Echo, Jet, Pitch and Filter. You can sync Echo with the BPM of the track that’s playing.
- Oscillator: Add texture and tension to your tracks with the four oscillator sounds; Noise, Drop, Laser and Siren. Turn the oscillator parameter knob to create new tones.
- Magvel crossfader
The Magvel crossfader – taken from the club standard DJM-900NXS2 – is the ultimate to mix and scratch with. Accurate and smooth, it’s durable for more than 10 million movements and is liquid and dust resistant.
- High-quality sound
Hear your tracks loud and clear thanks to the audio circuit inherited from professional Pioneer DJ gear. Contact resistance is reduced by the AC inlet, and the high-performance D/A converter made by Cirrus Logic, Inc., and low jitter oscillator mean the DDJ-SZ2 reproduces clear and powerful sound that’s faithful to its source.
- Other features
- Plug and play: Simply connect your laptop and start mixing via Serato DJ. All buttons and controls, as well as the built-in sound card, are Serato DJ-ready.
- Aluminium-finished top panel and jog wheels: For a quality look and feel.
- Slip Mode: Silently keeps a track playing during a loop, scratch or Hot Cue. Release the jog wheel and the track comes back at exactly the right place.
- Needle search pad: Instantly jump to a specific part of a track with a simple touch of the pad.
- Peak limiter: Controls clipping of the master output.
- P-Lock Fader Cap: Locks all fader knobs to prevent dropping
Additionally, each DDJ-SZ2 comes bundled with the latest version of Serato DJ as well as the Pitch ‘n Time DJ and Serato Flip expansion packs. The first 3,000 units shipped will also include a free Serato Video Expansion Pack.
The DDJ-SZ2 will be available in January 2017. For more information, go here.