Movement: America’s Best DJ to Launch in Detroit
Detroit – After drawing more than 107,000 fans to Hart Plaza in 2013, Detroit’s Movement festival returns to the venue May 24-26 with 135 DJs and electronic acts performing on six different sponsored stages. Produced by Paxahau Event Productions, the massive festival will present some of the globe’s greatest DJ talents including Richie Hawtin, Carl Cox, Loco Dice, Damian Lazarus, Dixon and Jamie Jones. Of course, Motown will also host plenty of afterparties—official and otherwise—running at all hours throughout the weekend.
As it has since 2006, Movement will serve as the launch event for the America’s Best DJ promotion and its Summer Tour. Presented by title sponsor Pioneer DJ and DJ Times, the 15-event tour will support an online vote that will answer the annual question: Who’s America’s Best DJ?
Fans who vote (in-person and online) and fans who keep up with America’s Best DJ on Facebook and Twitter can win a slew of monthly prizes from Pioneer DJ, DJ Times and additional sponsor G-Shock watches. Also, one lucky voter (chosen randomly) will win a trip for two to the Las Vegas closing event. Vote ABDJ and win. Visit ABDJ social media and win.
Out of the 100 U.S.-based jocks nominated for the America’s Best DJ title, a good handful will perform at Movement. They include Baauer, Carl Craig, Claude Von Stroke, DJ Godfather, Flosstradamus, Green Velvet, Jeff Mills, Just Blaze, Justin Martin, Kevin Saunderson, Lee Foss, Maceo Plex, The Martinez Brothers, Marques Wyatt, Mike Huckaby, Miguel Migs and Stacey Pullen. (Full list of ABDJ nominees to be announced next week.)
Looking for some late-night action after the festival shuts down each night? A few of Movement’s official afterhours parties include:
- Ghostly 15 at St. Andrew’s Hall on May 23 featuring Adult., Matthew Dear, Shigeto, Osborne (live), JTC, Heathered Pearls and Mike Servito.
- CLR Detroit 2014 at Bleu Nightclub on May 24 featuring Chris Liebing, Marcel Dettmann, Radio Slave and Function.
- Red Bull Music Academy presents Soul Clap’s House of EFunk on May 24 featuring Soul Clap with George Clinton, Heidi, Justin Martin, DJ Three vs. Doc Martin, Stacey Pullen, Egyptian Lover and more.
- No. 19 Music Presents Social Experiment Detroit on May 25 at Leland City Club featuring Art Department.
- OK, COOL!, an official Movement afterparty on May 25 featuring Seth Troxler, The Martinez Brother and Craig Richards.
See you all in Motown!