DJ Expo: 20+ Seminars Just Announced
Atlantic City, N.J. – DJ Expo is set for Aug. 11-14 at the Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City, N.J. Produced by DJ Times and Testa Communications, the Expo will present three nights of sponsored evening entertainment, three days of DJ-related exhibits and four days of educational seminars and panels.
This year’s show will present more than 20 panels, sessions and keynotes for mobile, club and studio interests. Additionally, several Expo exhibitors will conduct sponsored seminars that will offer up-close looks at specific products or topics.
- “Keynote Q&A” on Aug. 12 with Lil Jon, one of America’s hottest hitmakers, who will discuss his rise to the top! Beginning as a party DJ in the ATL, Lil Jon has gone on to a career full of hits, including “Turn Down for What,” his smashing collaboration with DJ Snake.
- Keynote with Scott Binder: The DJ Vision. Presented by the author of “Make Some Noise: Become the Ultimate DJ” (MusicPro Guides/Hal Leonard), this keynote is for DJs of all stripes. Binder will explain how and why many of the most successful people in the world create a vision and work on specific goals—but because the DJ industry is a creative field, many people don’t believe they need to set goals. The ones that do, though, tend to achieve their vision. Whether you are a mobile or club DJ, the “DJ Vision” keynote will help you get clear about what you want to achieve, so you can start reaching all your goals.
- On the mobile tip, Mike Kindlick’s “The C.S.I. of Customers: Customer. Service. Intelligence” will teach DJs how to profile your potential customers.
- Steve Moody’s “All-Star MCs” will share unique performance tips that’ll take your parties to the next level.
- KC Kokoruz’s “The Science of Marketing” will offer insight into why customers might buy your DJ services.
- Doug Sandler’s “Spinning Connections into Lifelong Relationships” will show DJs the difference between how to close a deal and how to build a business relationship.
- Jerry Bazata’s “Business All-Star Panel” will help mobiles build additional core business in corporate events, private functions, collegiate and sporting events.
- Elite Entertainment’s Mike Walter, who will also host our “DJ of the Year” event on Aug. 13, will present a pair of panels: “Let the Music Play, Pt. 2” will offer fascinating stories about the songs and artists DJs spin on a regular basis, while“Maximizing the Marketing Opportunities of Social Media” will show DJs how to gain followers and fans, then effectively market to them.
- Also, other popular sessions—like Sean McKee’s “Mitzvah Massive” and “Party Games with Jake Jacobsen”—will return to DJ Expo.
Sponsored Seminars: At presstime, sponsored seminars are scheduled to be presented by:
- Joshua Carl’s pair of VJ-oriented seminars will include “Performance Video DJing & Technology” and “Video DJ Innovations for the Mobile/Corporate DJ.”
- Alan Kohn’s “DJ Country Dance Workshop” will discuss the genre’s music, dances and unique culture—and show you how a DJ can thrive by spinning country music.
- Other annual favorites: “New Tech: Shopping for DJ Equipment,” moderated by DJ Times Editor Jim Tremayne, will discuss the latest technology trends.
- Frank Garcia’s “The Myths & Methods of Beatmixing” will walk you through the most-basic processes of DJing and explain why beatmixing remains an indispensible skill.
- “Remixers/Producers: Dancefloor Hitmakers” (moderated by DJ Times Editor Jim Tremayne) will present a panel of professionals who will offer industry information and studio tips.
More sessions to be announced. Dates and times to be announced.